Job title: Journalist / Editor
SOC code: 2471
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Central London
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Basic starting salary £ 23,000 – 38,000 / Year, depending on experience.
Chinese Business Gazette
As the first professional weekly newspaper in the UK, Chinese Business Gazette was officially launched in London in November 2000. The Newspaper is published and distributed throughout the UK. It is a comprehensive Chinese Newspaper with the longest history, the largest circulation and the most extensive coverage.
Chinese Business Gazette takes the full advantages of its location in the UK and integrates rich news resources both in China and the UK to build a first-choice news and services platform, especial in the Business, Investment and financial news, on which Chinese people and enterprise, home and abroad, can have a good understanding of the world and present themselves.
The company is now looking for four Journalist/Editor to join our team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Determines subject matter and undertakes research by interviewing, attending public events when needed, and reviewing written work, especial in the Business, Investment, and financial news.
- Writes news content and features and submits draft manuscripts to newspaper, magazine, and periodical or programme editor.
- Follow daily news and selects material for the newspaper and new media platforms, checks style, grammar, accuracy and legality of content and arranges for any necessary revisions.
- Working with the social media Editor and other colleagues to creating engaging content for news media platforms and newspaper.
- Writing occasional features including high profile interviews and investigations.
- Keep good relationships with news agencies, Chinese societies and other relevant organizations.
- Checking final proof copies immediately prior to printing.
- Have a university degree or equivalent professional qualifications.
- You must be fluent in both English and Chinese.
- Have media and newspapers related experience would be advantage.
We are committed to providing a dynamic and inclusive work environment where all employees are valued and respected. The company provides opportunities for professional growth and development.
If you are interested, please send your resume and Cover Letter in both English and Chinese to: firstname.lastname@example.org